MAKES: 8 servings
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 wedges with 1 tablespoon sour cream) equals 211 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 309 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
- 6 large baking potatoes (12 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and finely chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped Canadian bacon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Place potatoes on a microwave-safe plate; prick with a fork. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 14-17 minutes or until tender but firm, turning once. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard pulp or save for another use).
- Combine oil and pepper sauce; brush over potato shells. Sprinkle with chili powder. Cut each potato shell in half lengthwise. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with the tomato, bacon, onion and cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 12-14 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Serve with sour cream.Yield: 8 servings.
Note: This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.