MAKES: 6 servings
Nutritional Facts: One piece equals 250 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian or Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and cumin. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. In a small bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese and 2 tablespoons cilantro.
- Place one tortilla in a 9-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of the meat sauce, one tortilla, all of the ricotta mixture, another tortilla and the remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese and remaining cilantro.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.Yield: 6 servings.