MAKES: 12 servings
Nutritional Facts: One brownie equals 167 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace of fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Separate two eggs, putting each white in a separate bowl (discard yolks or save for another use); set aside. In a small bowl, beat butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly. Beat in the whole egg, one egg white and vanilla until well combined. Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to egg mixture until blended. Pour into a 9-in.-square baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Beat in the second egg white. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls over the batter; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until set and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.Yield: 1 dozen.