|Mid-Level Provider: Nurse Practitioner or Physician's Assistant|
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is a clinical position concerned with providing highly skilled primary care to the patients in the extended hours GCH Rural Health Clinic (AlphaCare). The practice will provide care across the spectrum of life. Applicant must also be knowledgeable in computer documentation.
- Graduate of an accredited college with a Bachelorís of Arts
- Completion of an accredited Physicianís Assistant program with a current unrestricted Kansas certificate
- Graduate of accredited Nursing School with ARNP
- One year experience in primary care
- If no experience as a Physicianís Assistant or Nurse Practitioner, must possess the aptitude and desire to learn
Minimum Field of Expertise:
- Ability to plan and organize care of emergent, urgent, non-emergent patients
- Ability to work under minimum supervision of a physician
- PA - NCCPA certification with biennial renewal
- Current RN Kansas License with Current ARNP Kansas license with biennial renewal
- BLS affirmation
- The American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- The American Nurse Credentialing Center
- Moderate physical efforts - lift, carry up to 50 lbs
- Frequent, standing, walking, sitting
- Occasional lifting patient, supplies, equipment
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Must pass the Physical Capacity Profile Testing (3)
- Rapid and efficient response to emergencies
Required protective equipment:
- Ability to see clearly at 20 feet or more
- Ability to see clearly at 20 feet or less
- Ability to see peripherally
- Works positively with others, possessing tact, discretion and diplomacy
- Demonstrates leadership and teaching ability
- Possesses the ability to work under pressure
- Is resource for new personnel to the area
- Is subject to be called in for mass casualty situations
- Completes the mandatory computer orientation/annual computer tests
- Attends mandatory inservices/meetings
- Is knowledgeable of responsibilities during an emergency/disaster and of incident command
Essential Duties of the Mid-Level Provider
- Collect data regarding overall health care practices of patients including medication history and usage.
- Initiate and implement appropriate health care management and education for patients based upon medical assessments and diagnosing; provide updated information to the staff.
- Promote and assure high level care through providing direct care, facilitating the assessment of patients needs, and evaluating effectiveness of care and treatment.
- Develop and maintain a strong working alliance with referral sources and other health care personnel and agencies while coordinating patient care.
- Facilitate patient responsibility and accountability in their health care management; provide appropriate treatment based on assessment and diagnostic criteria.
- Complete required clinical documentation in accordance with Hospital/Practice Management policies and following the standard of care.
- Serve as a resource person to other staff members and serve as a role model.
- Promote attainment of the goals of the department through scholarly activities, providing in-service education when necessary, and if required, participate in multidisciplinary committees.
- Assure compliance with all policies and procedures; take appropriate action to correct any obvious unsafe conditions.
- Communicate relevant information, collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams and coordinate integrated treatment efforts and activities and problem-solve issues relative to patient care.
- Obtain a complete health care history from each patient; note significant findings and take appropriate action as directed per protocol.
- Ensure appropriate health care management and education is available to patients and families.
- Encourage patients to share responsibility for their own healthcare management and prevention.
- Encourage patients to establish care with a primary care provider if they have not done so.
- All required documentation is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Plan of treatment information is available to other staff members when requested and/or needed; consultations reflect knowledge of concepts and other areas of expertise.
- Is primarily responsible for Category I, II, and III patients.
- Other duties are completed in a timely and efficient manner.