| Home Health
Medical Director: Jimmy Jenkins, MD, FAAFP, DABFP
Program Manager: Terri Wahle, RN
1310 W. Ash
Junction City, KS 66441
We bring Healthcare home.
What is Home Health?
Home Health is a healthcare option offering a broad range of medical care and support services provided in the home. Services range from simple assistance in the activities of daily living to high-tech medical procedures. Home care is a cost-effective alternative to hospital and nursing home stays.
Why use Home Health?
- Provides care for those who are discharged from the hospital not fully recovered.
- May prevent or postpone hospital or nursing home care.
- Allows maximum freedom for the client.
- Offers individualized care tailored to the needs of the client/family.
- Allows dignity and independence.
- An on-call nurse is available 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- Home health is another alternative for end of life care.
What are the advantages of Home Health?
- Home health improves the quality of life by enabling individuals to stay in the comfort and security of their own homes during times of illness, disability, and recuperation.
- Home health is less expensive than other forms of health care delivery.
- Home health offers specialized services tailored to meet patients' needs on a personal provider-to-provider basis.
- Home health reinforces and supplements family and friends care through training and education.
- Home health provides professionally supervised services.
Who Pays for Home Health?
Home health charges are paid by a variety of private and public sources, as well as directly by patients and their families. Private insurance companies typically cover acute care, but long-term care varies. Public third-party payers include: Medicare, Medicaid, VA, TRICARE, as well as some state funded assistance programs.