5k Walk/Run and Kids Fun Run
Saturday, April 22, 2017
Junction City, KS
Choose YOUR Cause!
Chase for a Cause is a fundraising 5k walk/run designed to help raise money for various Junction City and Geary County organizations. $20 of your registration fee will go to the organization of your choice from this year’s approved charities.*
CASH PRIZES TO TOP FINISHERS! Cash prizes will be awarded to the top three male and female overall finishers and for the first place male and female masters. The top three finishers in each age group will also receive medals.
2017 Event Schedule
Friday, April 21
10 am – 7 pm Packet pick up at Geary Community Hospital, Main Lobby (1102 St. Mary’s Road, Junction City)
Saturday, April 22
7:30 – 8:30 am Race day late registration and packet pickup at Geary Community Hospital (1102 St. Mary’s Road, Junction City)
9:00 am Start of 5k walk/run in front of GCH Surgery Center
10:15 am Start of kids fun run in front of GCH Surgery Center
10:30 am Awards ceremony, door prizes, kids entertainment and food in GCH front parking lot
This schedule will be followed, rain or shine!
2017 Chase For A Cause Organizations
- 8th Judicial District C.A.S.A. (Court-Appointed Special Advocates)
- Big Brothers / Big Sisters
- Boys and Girls Club
- Delivering Change: Healthy Moms, Healthy Babies
- Friends of Animals – Junction City Animal Shelter
- Friends of the Dorothy Bramlage Public Library
- Food Pantry of Geary County
- Geary Community Healthcare Foundation
- Geary Community Schools Foundation
- Geary County Prevention Partnership
- I.C.A.R.E. (Inter-generational Clearinghouse and Resource Center)
- Junction City Family YMCA
- Junction City Fire Department Honor Guard
- Junction City Fire Department Luke David Nelson Memorial Scholarship
- Live Well Geary County
- Open Door Mission
- Pawnee Mental Health
- United Way of Junction City / Geary County
- Wheels of H.O.P.E. – Mobile Food Pantry
Don’t see your cause listed? Click here to be added.
*Organizations must be approved local organizations. If you do not see your organization of choice on this list, please have their leaders apply to be added (click here for organization criteria). Chase for a Cause organizers will not make a determination of tax-deductibility of donations; it will be up to individual registrants to determine if their donation is tax deductible.
If your organization would like to sponsor the 2016 Chase For A Cause, contact Nikki Davies at 785-210-3307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Daily Union
- Eagle Communications
- Kolhoff Pharmacy
- The Bluffs